Mrs. Ida E. Gilvair, 74, of Meadville, died Saturday morning at City Hospital after a six-weeks illness.
Widow of the late Marvin L. Gilvair, she was born in Blooming Valley, a daughter of Charles and Nancy Thompson Wygant. She spent her early life in Guys Mills, coming to Meadville 55 years ago. She was married August 12, 1903. She was active in many musical circles. She was a member of Grace Methodist Church; Aletha Lodge 468, Daughters of Rebekah; Past Noble Grands Assn.; Mead Chapter 445, Order of Eastern Star; Trinity White Shrine of Jerusalem; Dames of Malta 218; Protectors Club; Irene Sheridan Tent 124, Daughters of Union Veterans; Royal Neighbors of America, Aux. of Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen; Meadville Grange, Protected Home Circle, Aux. of Erie Veteran's Assn.
Survivors include a son, W. Lawrence Gilvair of Meadville; two grandchildren, William L. Gilvair of Meadville and Mrs. Jay C. White of New Castle; two great-granddaughters; three sisters, Mrs. Agnes Baldwin of Erie, Mrs. Gertrude Hunt of Bartlesville, OK and Mrs. Pearl Wylie of Walla Walla, WA and several nieces and nephews.
Services were held at Waid Funeral Home.
Interment was in Greendale Cemetery.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Ida E. Gilvair, please visit our floral store.